a student seeks admission to the college, it is assumed by the college
that the student has an earnest purpose and he/she is expected to aim
at the highest achievement in every sphere and to conduct himself/ herself in a responsible and dignified
manner wherever he/she may be.
2. By joining the college the student accepts all its rules and
3. He/She also commits herself to participating in intra and inter college programmes.
College has a system of tutorial perceptional in which students are
expected to participate in group discussion and submit written work
regularly as per the EC resolution 2003 from the academic year 2003-
2. 25% of the total marks in a course shall be awarded by the college
based on internal assessment on a continuous basis. Such assessment
could be base on tutorial work/perceptional work/class presentation and
mid term examination.
3. The internal assessment marks will be shown separately in the mark
sheet issued by the University and there marks will be added to the
annual examination marks for determining the division of the student.
4. For Examination and Promotion Rules refer to University Calendar
Volume I & II 1989 and Volume I 2004.
3. Academic Association
academic department organises in its own
discipline an association of teachers and students.
2. Every student becomes a member of one academic association and
takes an active part in the seminars, symposia, debates, lectures etc., arranged by the association.
Written Assignments, House Examinations, Project Work
system of regular assignments, including written assessments and
follow- up discussion complements the classroom teaching and promotes
better understanding, comprehension and expression in each of the
subjects offered by the college. For further details refer to
University Calendar Volume I & II 1988, 1998.
2. For examination and promotion rules refer to University Calendar
Volume I & II 1989 and 2004.
Students of the College are expected to maintain strict discipline in
2. Ragging is banned in the College. In case of violation, the
offender(s) will be liable for punishment under the Rules prescribed
for the purpose.
3. The Principal reserves the right to take appropriate action:
suspend/expel students found guilty of any kind of indiscipline as laid
down in the University Ordinance XV-B
college notice boards are used to convey official and other information
to students. Once a notice has appeared on the notice board, ignorance
of it can not be pleaded as justification for non-observance.
Identity Card establishes the student's identity both within and
outside the college. The students may be called upon to produce their
Identity Card at any time by any of the college staff. Students without
their Identity card are liable to be sent home.
Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts
1. Character certificates and testimonials will be issued as per the
Performa in use by the college.
2. All students are advised to collect their original certificates
submitted at the time of admission, when instructed or at the end of
the final year, failing which the college would not be responsible for
Student Travel Concession
Application forms for obtaining concession by railway are available at
the general office.
2. An application should contain the following information: -
(i) Name of the Student
(ii) Class in which the student is studying
(iii) Age of the student
(iv) Destination , i.e., town to which the student is traveling.
canteen is at the service of the staff and students from 8.30 a.m. to
5.00 p.m. Students are expected to leave the tables as they have finished their refreshment. As they can
use the canteen for dining only.
11. National Service Activities
1. The college offers its students opportunities for personality
development and enrichment by means of community and social service in
any one of the following programmes.
NCC National Cadet Corps
NSS National Service Scheme
For more details refer to the concerned Convener.